Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sums It Up

Luke and I were discussing clearing out some old toys to make way for the ones he now plays with the most. After explaining that he needs to give some old toys away to kids who have none, especially if he wants some new toys, Luke agreed. I told Luke "Thank you for speaking to me so nicely about your toys." Luke then said to me "Thank you for always being so nice to me, Mommy." AAWWW - what a sweetheart I'm raising! As tears started to fill my eyes, Lukie looked at me and said in his adorable toddler voice: 
"Actually, Mommy, you're not that nice." 
I cracked up. Out of the mouths of babes comes the truth, right? As sweet as Luke is, he certainly doesn't sugar-coat things he says. He doesn't even know how, which is why talking to him is always interesting. 
Even if the honesty stings a little bit.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Lol. My 3 yr old told me I wasn't as pretty as her friend's mom. While it may be true, it really hurt my feelings.

For the record, I totally think your nice. :-)

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

LOL - I love that he corrected himself, like "on second thought..." :-D So cute.

Molly said...

Ha! That is terrific!

Joseph said...

Such a cutie!

Ella xxx said...

Hey there,

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog - Thought it was about time I checked yours out. Your Luke is gorgeous - just as mine was :)

Ella xxx

Jen L. said...

Ha! He sounds like quite the character!